The Research Facilitation and Dissemination team provides guidance and proposal support for researchers in order to reduce the administrative work often associated with grant applications.
This includes grant-writing assistance for approved cross-disciplinary, all-university, or multi-department proposals. Our grant writers can assist with many phases of your proposal through the services outlined below and all services are complimentary to MSU researchers. Please keep in mind that time is a contraint - contact us early in the process for best results.
Proposal Preparation Assistance
- Provide guidance on proposal development and writing
- Provide templates and guidance for proposal components including management plans, evaluation plans, MSU institutional capacities, letters of support, and other supplementary materials
- Edit and format the proposal
- Data collection and mining
- Create proposal budgets with PI
- Write budget narratives
- Liaise with the MSU Office of Sponsored Programs for budget approval
- Liaise with sub-contractors and assist with sub-contractor document preparation
- Complete and route MSU e-transmittals
- Submit proposals to sponsor
- Provide grant project management assistance
- Provide grant-writing assistance for approved cross-disciplinary, all-university, or multi-department proposals
- Support single-investigator projects as time and availability allow
Information on Funding Opportunities
- Assist researchers in identifying sources of foundation, state, and federal funding
- Disseminate grant funding opportunities to faculty, departments, and colleges within the university system
- Publish information regarding open grant competitions and RFPs
- Provide funding for travel to visit federal and other grant officers for discussion of possible projects (travel support provided by Office of Research Facilitation and Dissemination is typically matched by a researcher’s college or department).
- Host on-campus research-related workshops. Prior workshops have covered topics including: Export Controls and Trade Sanctions, Taking your Research Abroad, NIH Funding for Non-Medical Projects, Faculty Early Grant Opportunities, Seeking Support from Private Foundations, Developing a Budget, Data Management Plans and Data Preservation Issues. Please see our Coffee Break schedule for spring 2016 for more information.
- Conduct on-campus grant proposal writing workshops to help early-career faculty and graduate assistants with grant proposal writing and development
- Download a helpful handout Research and Creative Activity Resources. Updated February 2016. (PDF)
Director of Research Facilitation and Dissemination
Shobha Ramanand, PhD
Lauren Aerni-Flessner, PhD
Please email Lori Hudson or call 517-432-4499 to schedule an appointment for any of these services.
Join our mailing list for special announcements and training events related to grant proposals.